Since we released the blog on 2nd July, we have listened to and discussed your recent feedback about the changes planned for The Bushcraft Show 2016. On Monday, we attended a meeting with the team at Beehive Farm to discuss some additional options for The Bushcraft Show next year. These additional changes are highlighted in red below.
Here’s what’s new and improved for The Bushcraft Show 2016:
- Feedback received from visitors this year confirms that this was an idyllic venue for the show, people loved the secluded setting, surrounded with woodland with little pockets that took you on a journey and adventure around the show. So, for 2016 we have booked the entire site at Beehive Farm, which includes 65 acres of meadow for camping, woodland and three lakes! The owner and staff at Beehive Farm are investing in their site to make it completely perfect for The Bushcraft Show 2016. This includes; widening the newly installed gravel track around the showground, thinning out areas of established woodland to create more wild camping and glades and widening the rides and walks around the site. They will also be enhancing the drainage and installing additional water points around the site.
- Open Field Camping Pitches are being marked out and pitch numbers allocated, camping pitches will be allocated in the areas closest to the showground first and are allocated on a first come first served basis, so booking early will ensure that you get the best pitch! A map of the allotted camping pitches will be available soon.
- Each designated Open Field Camping Pitch is now 5mx5m for an individual or small party and 8mx6m for a family or a larger group. Should you wish to upgrade your pitch from a 5mx5m to a 8mx6m then there is an option to Upgrade when purchasing your tickets. For group bookings, call 0333 4567 123 (option 2) or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss the allocation of a specific area.
- 2016 Weekend Open Field Camping Tickets are available to pre-book only, there will be no on the gate sales for Weekend Open Field Camping Visitors this year. There are a set number of Weekend Open Field Camping pitches and once these are gone, they are gone! Your only option then will be to choose to camp in the woodland in a bivvi, hammock or small 1 to 2man tent, or to stay off site and purchase day tickets to the show.
- All weekend visitors can arrive from Friday 27th May at 12 noon, weekend visitors must arrive by Saturday 28th May 12noon, when the weekend gates will be locked for the weekend and re-opened on Monday 30th May at 12noon.
- There are no pitches available for Caravans. We can accommodate campervans, your vehicle (and any awning etc.) must fit within the allotted pitch size. There is no electric hook up, or elsan disposal but amenities for campers are provided at the show. Book your Open Field Camping Pitch now. Should you require a bespoke pitch size, call 0333 4567 123 option 2 or email email@example.com. If you wish to stay in a caravan or large campervan you will need to book your pitch directly with Beehive Farm who will provide you with a special code (upon booking) to use on our website to book a discounted weekend pass allowing entry to the show. Alternatively you can stay locally and purchase day tickets to the show.
- There is the option to camp with your vehicle, as long as your vehicle and tent fit within the boundary of your pitch (i.e. 5mx5m or 8mx6m). Alternatively you can drop your kit off by your pitch and then park in the Weekend Car Park. There will be no vehicle movement in the camping areas from 10pm on Friday 27th May until 12noon on Monday 30th May, so if you wish to use your vehicle during the show you must park in the Weekend Car Park. Late arrivals will need to park in the Weekend Car Park and enter on foot (a utility vehicle may be available to help transport kit).
- Where your sleeping arrangements form part of your vehicle in the form of a roof tent or an expedition vehicle you may park in a booked camping pitch with your vehicle. Please note that your vehicle will not be able to be moved until 12noon on Monday. You can book additional space if your vehicle does not fit in the allotted pitch size. Should you require a bespoke pitch size, or for group bookings call 0333 4567 123 option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- There will be additional facilities spread throughout the new camping areas.
- We are excited to announce that because we have booked the entire site, we have exclusive access to all three lakes. Weekend visitors have access to an additional two lakes to paddle their canoe on throughout the weekend. Day visitors can use the Horseshoe Lake on the showground to paddle their canoe or hire one. Fishing permits are also available these need to be booked and fishery rules followed. You will be able to book this under the Specialist Instruction section of the website.
- For Woodland Campers, that is, those who prefer to camp in the woods in a hammock, a bivi, or 1 to 2man tent, we are offering a special rate for a weekend ticket. Parking is free in the Weekend Car Park. Should you wish, there is the option to park closer to your camp in designated parking areas (Map available soon). You will need to purchase a parking pass for this privilege.
- Sorry, due to insurance, logistics and the safety of other campers, only weekend camping is available. Should you wish to attend the show for one or two days and camp over as in the woodland , you can enter on foot, you will still need to buy a weekend Woodland Camping Ticket park in the Car Park and you can set up and break down as needed. Attentively you can buy day tickets to the show and book a pitch at a local campsite.
- All tickets must be booked online, no over the phone bookings will be taken this year. This is to aid the allocation of camping pitches and so that you can see the show’s Terms & Conditions. Visit www.thebushcraftshow.co.uk
- We have decided to make Monday day tickets for The Bushcraft Show 2016 (30th May) available to other ticket operators such as Tourist Information Services, Amazon Local etc. (prices may vary). The aim of this is to encourage members of the public who want to find out more about bushcraft to attend the event and therefore invite more people to learn about keeping these amazing skills alive for future generations and support the businesses involved in providing training and equipment.
- Plans are well underway and we promise you another great line up of guest speakers, activities and demonstrations making The Bushcraft Show 2016 an adventure not to be missed!
To book your tickets visit The Bushcraft Show 2016 See you at The Bushcraft Show 2016, 28-30 May for a great adventure!