We have listened to your feedback and have met with the owner of Beehive Farm, who along with his team love The Bushcraft Show and its ethos and are committed to make The Bushcraft Show 2016 an amazing event. Here’s what’s new and improved for The Bushcraft Show 2016:
- Feedback received from visitors this year confirms that this was the best venue yet and people loved the secluded setting, surrounded with woodland with little pockets that took you on a journey and adventure around the show. So, for 2016 we have booked the entire site at Beehive Farm, which includes 65 acres of meadow for camping, woodland and three lakes! The owner and staff at Beehive Farm are investing in their site to make it completely perfect for The Bushcraft Show 2016. This includes; widening the newly installed gravel track around the showground, thinning out areas of established woodland to create more wild camping and glades, creating fire pits and widening the rides and walks around the site. They will also be enhancing the drainage and installing water points around the site.
- Open Field Camping Pitches are being marked out and pitch numbers allocated, so you will be contacted shortly after you book and given a specific camping pitch either in the disabled, family or general camping areas, working from the closest point to the showground to farthest away. The camping pitches are allocated on a first come first served basis so booking early will ensure that you get the pitch you want. A map of the allotted camping pitches will be available soon.
- Each designated Open Field Camping Pitch is 5mx5m for a family and 3mx3m for an individual or couple. Should you require extra space then this will need to be booked in addition to a standard pitch.
- 2016 Weekend Open Field Camping Tickets are available to pre-book only, there will be no on the gate sales for Weekend Open Field Camping Visitors this year. There are a set number of Weekend Open Field Camping pitches and once these are gone, they are gone! Your only option then will be to choose to camp in the woodland in a bivvi, hammock or small 1 to 2man tent, or to stay off site and purchase day tickets to the show.
- All weekend visitors can arrive from Friday 27th May at 12 noon, weekend visitors must arrive by Saturday 28th May 12noon, when the weekend gates will be locked for the weekend and re-opened on Monday 30th May at 12noon.
- There are no pitches available for Caravans or Campervans. Should you wish to stay in a caravan or campervan you will need to book your pitch directly with Beehive Farm, who will provide you with a special code upon booking to use online on our website to book a discounted weekend pass allowing entry to the show. Alternatively you can stay locally and purchase day tickets to the show.
- There is no camping with vehicles for The Bushcraft Show 2016. You will park in the parking field and you can catch a shuttle bus that will drive you and your gear to the camping area. Alternatively, if you have booked a camping pitch you may drop off your gear, then return your car to the parking field and catch the shuttle back.
- Where your sleeping arrangements form part of your vehicle in the form of a roof tent or an expedition vehicle you may park in a booked camping pitch with your vehicle. Please note that your vehicle will not be able to be moved until the show has ended on Monday.
- There will be additional facilities spread throughout the new camping areas.
- We are excited to announce that because we have booked the entire site, we have exclusive access to all three lakes. Weekend visitors have access to an additional two lakes to paddle their canoe on throughout the weekend. Day visitors can use the Horseshoe Lake on the showground to paddle their canoe or hire one. Fishing permits are also available these need to be booked and fishery rules followed. You will be able to book this under the Specialist Instruction section of the website.
- For Woodland Campers, that is, those who prefer to camp in the woods in a hammock, a bivi, or 1 to 2man tent, we are offering a special rate for a weekend ticket.
- Sorry, due to insurance, logistics and the safety of other campers, only weekend camping is available, should you wish to attend the show for one or two days, please buy day tickets to the show and book a pitch at a local campsite.
- All tickets must be booked online, no over the phone bookings will be taken this year. This is to aid the allocation of camping pitches and so that you can see the show’s Terms & Conditions. Visit www.thebushcraftshow.co.uk
- We have decided to make Monday day tickets for The Bushcraft Show 2016 (30th May) available to other ticket operators such as Tourist Information Services, Amazon Local etc. (prices may vary). The aim of this is to encourage members of the public who want to find out more about bushcraft to attend the event and therefore invite more people to learn about keeping these amazing skills alive for future generations and support the businesses involved in providing training and equipment.
- Plans are well underway and we promise you another great line up of guest speakers, activities and demonstrations making The Bushcraft Show 2016 an adventure not to be missed!
In conclusion, we would like to echo our thanks to The Bushcraft Show 2015 Sponsors who helped to make it a great success. These are Woodland Ways, Bear Grylls by Craghoppers, 1948 Original Equipment, and Bushcraft & Survival Skills Magazine. Finally but not least, the show could not happen without our amazing team of volunteers, we have received such wonderful feedback by the visitors and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for such a sterling job.
See you at The Bushcraft Show 2016, 28-30 May for a great adventure!